Church thief escapes from police at hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update in a church break-in over the weekend. The man accused is on the run after escaping from police at a hospital.
Investigators say Justin Wingate broke in through a wall at Templo La Hermosa on Friday night. When security showed up, he squeezed into a crawl space but was caught by church members when he fell through the ceiling.
Wingate was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital after his arrest. While there, investigators say he asked to use the bathroom and took off through a side door.
If you have any information on his whereabouts call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. Remember you never have to give your name and you could receive a cash reward.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 2 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now 7 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 10 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 57 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
39 min ago