Church thief escapes from police at hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update in a church break-in over the weekend. The man accused is on the run after escaping from police at a hospital.
Investigators say Justin Wingate broke in through a wall at Templo La Hermosa on Friday night. When security showed up, he squeezed into a crawl space but was caught by church members when he fell through the ceiling.
Wingate was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital after his arrest. While there, investigators say he asked to use the bathroom and took off through a side door.
If you have any information on his whereabouts call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. Remember you never have to give your name and you could receive a cash reward.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 25 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 47 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug