Man kidnapped, family terrorized in east Harris County
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating a kidnapping and home invasion in east Harris County.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to a home in the 14600 block of Waldine near Marwood, in the Cloverleaf area, at about 11:30am.
Deputies learned that a man had been kidnapped from a horse ranch on W. Cedar Bayou Lynchburg where he works. Authorities say he was taken at gunpoint by four Hispanic suspects.
The suspects drove the victim to his house on Waldine. There, the suspects tied up the victim's wife and his 23-year-old son and demanded money. When the family was not able to give them money, the suspects beat the victim and his son. They also used a hand held Taser on all the victims, including a four-year-old child.
Two of the suspects then fled with victim in his truck. The two other suspects fled on foot.
Moments later, deputies learned that the victim had been able to escape from the suspects and was on his way back home with a family member.
All four suspects remain at large. The victim's truck is described as a Ford F-350, maroon in color.
Anyone with information about the suspects' whereabouts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale