Man kidnapped, family terrorized in east Harris County
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating a kidnapping and home invasion in east Harris County.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to a home in the 14600 block of Waldine near Marwood, in the Cloverleaf area, at about 11:30am.
Deputies learned that a man had been kidnapped from a horse ranch on W. Cedar Bayou Lynchburg where he works. Authorities say he was taken at gunpoint by four Hispanic suspects.
The suspects drove the victim to his house on Waldine. There, the suspects tied up the victim's wife and his 23-year-old son and demanded money. When the family was not able to give them money, the suspects beat the victim and his son. They also used a hand held Taser on all the victims, including a four-year-old child.
Two of the suspects then fled with victim in his truck. The two other suspects fled on foot.
Moments later, deputies learned that the victim had been able to escape from the suspects and was on his way back home with a family member.
All four suspects remain at large. The victim's truck is described as a Ford F-350, maroon in color.
Anyone with information about the suspects' whereabouts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 49 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 59 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo 31 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home 9 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos