Detectives nab teen accused of robbing postal worker, burglarizing grandfather
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say they've nabbed a teenager accused of robbing a postal worker and burglarizing his own grandfather's home within one week.
Derelle Marquis Hollins, 19, was arrested around 2:45pm Thursday by members of the Pearland Police Department and Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force at a residence in the 5400 block of Beldart in Houston.
According to Pearland police, Hollins' first run-in with the law happened January 24, when he allegedly burglarized his grandfather's home in southwest Houston.
Four days later, Hollins allegedly robbed a postal worker delivering mail in a Pearland subdivision called Shadow Creek Ranch. Authorities say Hollins demanded the victim's wallet at gunpoint and fled the scene a dark blue Hyundai Sonata with paper tags.
On Wednesday, investigators got a break in the case. Someone spotted that same car on Cullen and jotted down its tag number. The information led detectives straight to Hollins.
Hollins is charged with one count of aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and burglary of a habitation, a second-degree felony.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston