Man dies in fire at southeast Houston apartments
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man died from serious burns and now detectives are trying to find out how it happened.
Police were called out to the Park Houston Apartments on MLK near Park Village in southeast Houston late last night. They say an 80-year-old man had somehow caught fire. He died from his injuries.
Authorities have yet to determine if this was an accident or if foul play was involved.
Sources tell Eyewitness News the man's death may have been the result of a cigarette, but that has not been confirmed by homicide detectives on the scene.
Officials say the victim did not live at the apartment complex.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale