Man dies in fire at southeast Houston apartments
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man died from serious burns and now detectives are trying to find out how it happened.
Police were called out to the Park Houston Apartments on MLK near Park Village in southeast Houston late last night. They say an 80-year-old man had somehow caught fire. He died from his injuries.
Authorities have yet to determine if this was an accident or if foul play was involved.
Sources tell Eyewitness News the man's death may have been the result of a cigarette, but that has not been confirmed by homicide detectives on the scene.
Officials say the victim did not live at the apartment complex.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 16 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 43 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 56 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 31 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 1 min ago
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 19 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 15 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
15 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
10 min ago