Man dies in fire at southeast Houston apartments
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man died from serious burns and now detectives are trying to find out how it happened.
Police were called out to the Park Houston Apartments on MLK near Park Village in southeast Houston late last night. They say an 80-year-old man had somehow caught fire. He died from his injuries.
Authorities have yet to determine if this was an accident or if foul play was involved.
Sources tell Eyewitness News the man's death may have been the result of a cigarette, but that has not been confirmed by homicide detectives on the scene.
Officials say the victim did not live at the apartment complex.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos