Houston Fire Department hosting recruiting open house
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Fire Department is hosting a recruiting open house today.
Anyone who is interested in becoming a firefighter can stop by to learn what it takes to join HFD. Candidates can also talk informally with recruiters.
Houston-area fire schools will be there to answer questions.
HFD is also looking for women, including teens who want to eventually join the department.
Only 104 of the nearly 4,000 Houston firefighters are women.
Today's recruiting open house starts at 9am at the HFD training academy -- 8030 Braniff, directly behind Hobby Airport.
There will be three informational sessions at 9am, 11am and 1pm.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 45 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Couple find themselves in middle of armed robbery 22 min ago
- Drunken passenger causes hijack scare in Bali 10 min ago
- Where will calorie labels appear? Not just menus 7 min ago
- Germany finds 265 pounds of cocaine among bananas 5 min ago
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers
- First lady gets resume from girl with jobless dad
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City