Houston Fire Department hosting recruiting open house
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Fire Department is hosting a recruiting open house today.
Anyone who is interested in becoming a firefighter can stop by to learn what it takes to join HFD. Candidates can also talk informally with recruiters.
Houston-area fire schools will be there to answer questions.
HFD is also looking for women, including teens who want to eventually join the department.
Only 104 of the nearly 4,000 Houston firefighters are women.
Today's recruiting open house starts at 9am at the HFD training academy -- 8030 Braniff, directly behind Hobby Airport.
There will be three informational sessions at 9am, 11am and 1pm.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 20 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Don't they like the way he looks? 8 min ago
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- Social services worker stole from clients in SE Texas
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
18 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos