Houston Fire Department hosting recruiting open house
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Fire Department is hosting a recruiting open house today.
Anyone who is interested in becoming a firefighter can stop by to learn what it takes to join HFD. Candidates can also talk informally with recruiters.
Houston-area fire schools will be there to answer questions.
HFD is also looking for women, including teens who want to eventually join the department.
Only 104 of the nearly 4,000 Houston firefighters are women.
Today's recruiting open house starts at 9am at the HFD training academy -- 8030 Braniff, directly behind Hobby Airport.
There will be three informational sessions at 9am, 11am and 1pm.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home