Mardi Gras takes over Galveston Island
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Mardi Gras is in full swing in Galveston this weekend.
The party kicked off Saturday afternoon with the Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Parade on the seawall.
More than 80 floats and 20 high school marching bands participated in the parade. Paradegoers enjoyed the perfect weather as they collected beads.
"Beautiful, beautiful. Everybody's so nice. We're having so much fun," spectator Susan Embree said.
"It's pretty awesome. I'm here after surgery, so I'm taking the pain just for Mardi Gras," spectator Laura Mitchell said.
There will be more parades on the seawall next weekend. Those parades are free.
There are also parades, parties and live music in the Uptown Entertainment District. General admission to the entertainment district is $17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
galveston, mardi gras, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie 38 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 8 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
- Sunday's mutton bustin' at RodeoHouston
11 min ago