Two arrested in fatal stabbing during argument at NW Houston apartments
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two suspects have been arrested in the fatal stabbing of a man and the wounding of two others during a confrontation at a northwest Houston apartment.
Police say at around 1am February 3 officers responded to a report of a stabbing in the 7500 block of Shady Villa Lane. Three individuals had suffered multiple stab wounds. Fernandez Maes, 46, was pronounced dead at the scene and the other two victims were transported to area hospitals in stable condition.
Further investigation, according to police, revealed that the two suspects -- Neva Jane Gonzales and Samuel Joseph Alvarado -- had a previous argument with Maes and the victims. Gonzales and Alvarado then attempted to rob them.
The two suspects were in the room with the victims when officers arrived and both were taken into custody without incident.
Gonzales, 44, and Alvarado, 33, are both charged with capital murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive