Driver dies in fiery crash along the North Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are on the scene of a fatal accident involving an SUV on the North Freeway.
The accident happened at 10:30am on the North Freeway at the Airline exit.
Police say the driver of a Jeep was traveling southbound at a high-rate of speed. The driver lost control, hit a wall, drove off the freeway and went between a fence and pole. The driver then struck a parked vehicle before hitting a pole and it caught fire. The driver died at the scene.
At least one southbound lane of the freeway and several frontage lanes were closed for less than an hour due to the investigation.
The victim's identity hasn't been released but police say he is between 25 to 35 years old. There were no other injuries.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'