Food for Fines: Baytown library offers a deal to overdue library book holders
If you've been avoiding the library because you have overdue books, now is your chance for redemption.
The Sterling Municipal Library in Baytown is offering "Food for Fines" all month long.
Patrons who donate non-perishable food items will be forgiven $1 in fines for each item donated.
The food will be donated to Baytown-area food banks.
The deal only works to cover overdue fines, not for lost materials or other fees.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston 18 min ago
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
8 min ago