Food for Fines: Baytown library offers a deal to overdue library book holders
If you've been avoiding the library because you have overdue books, now is your chance for redemption.
The Sterling Municipal Library in Baytown is offering "Food for Fines" all month long.
Patrons who donate non-perishable food items will be forgiven $1 in fines for each item donated.
The food will be donated to Baytown-area food banks.
The deal only works to cover overdue fines, not for lost materials or other fees.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 13 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses 8 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 20 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 31 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 33 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
25 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
49 min ago