Man charged in fatal shooting at family gathering in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is charged in the shooting death at a family gathering in southeast Houston over the weekend.
Police say on February 2, the victim -- Joe Lee Thompson, Jr. -- was attending a family gathering at the residence of Melton James Wilson in the 5600 block of Greylog when the two men got into a verbal argument. Wilson then asked Thompson to leave the house and the argument became physical, with Thompson pushing Wilson around the kitchen.
According to police, Wilson then went to a bedroom and returned with a loaded pistol. He then shot Thompson multiple times.
Thompson, 32, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Wilson was taken into custody at the scene without incident. Wilson, 26, is charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 7 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 47 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case