Mom charged with injury to child after CPS says her baby boy was severely malnourished
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston mom is facing charges, accused of injury to a child after Child Protective Service says they found her 9-month-old baby boy severely malnourished.
Walteria Bledsoe was arraigned Monday morning. Police say her son weighed just under eight pounds when he arrived at Memorial Hermann Hospital. While her son was born premature, prosecutors argue a child his age should weigh around 17 pounds at this point.
Bledsoe, 23, is out on a $20,000 bond, but she's not allowed to have any contact with her son.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 16 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 44 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 43 min ago
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video 56 min ago
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother 36 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...