Mom charged with injury to child after CPS says her baby boy was severely malnourished
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston mom is facing charges, accused of injury to a child after Child Protective Service says they found her 9-month-old baby boy severely malnourished.
Walteria Bledsoe was arraigned Monday morning. Police say her son weighed just under eight pounds when he arrived at Memorial Hermann Hospital. While her son was born premature, prosecutors argue a child his age should weigh around 17 pounds at this point.
Bledsoe, 23, is out on a $20,000 bond, but she's not allowed to have any contact with her son.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student 17 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town