Mom charged with injury to child after CPS says her baby boy was severely malnourished
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston mom is facing charges, accused of injury to a child after Child Protective Service says they found her 9-month-old baby boy severely malnourished.
Walteria Bledsoe was arraigned Monday morning. Police say her son weighed just under eight pounds when he arrived at Memorial Hermann Hospital. While her son was born premature, prosecutors argue a child his age should weigh around 17 pounds at this point.
Bledsoe, 23, is out on a $20,000 bond, but she's not allowed to have any contact with her son.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 58 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'