Mom charged with injury to child after CPS says her baby boy was severely malnourished
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston mom is facing charges, accused of injury to a child after Child Protective Service says they found her 9-month-old baby boy severely malnourished.
Walteria Bledsoe was arraigned Monday morning. Police say her son weighed just under eight pounds when he arrived at Memorial Hermann Hospital. While her son was born premature, prosecutors argue a child his age should weigh around 17 pounds at this point.
Bledsoe, 23, is out on a $20,000 bond, but she's not allowed to have any contact with her son.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer