Mom charged with injury to child after CPS says her baby boy was severely malnourished
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston mom is facing charges, accused of injury to a child after Child Protective Service says they found her 9-month-old baby boy severely malnourished.
Walteria Bledsoe was arraigned Monday morning. Police say her son weighed just under eight pounds when he arrived at Memorial Hermann Hospital. While her son was born premature, prosecutors argue a child his age should weigh around 17 pounds at this point.
Bledsoe, 23, is out on a $20,000 bond, but she's not allowed to have any contact with her son.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos