Former Congressman Ron Paul's tweet about Chris Kyle's death makes waves on Twitter
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A tweet by former Congressman Ron Paul about the shooting death of former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and a friend is making waves on social media.
Chris Kyle and friend Chad Littlefield were fatally shot Saturday, allegedly by Iraq War veteran Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster. There were reports that Routh suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Paul's tweet from his @RonPaul account read, "Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."
Nearly immediately, his tweet was retweeted and commented on, many of which were critical of the Texas lawmaker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home