Former Congressman Ron Paul's tweet about Chris Kyle's death makes waves on Twitter
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A tweet by former Congressman Ron Paul about the shooting death of former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and a friend is making waves on social media.
Chris Kyle and friend Chad Littlefield were fatally shot Saturday, allegedly by Iraq War veteran Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster. There were reports that Routh suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Paul's tweet from his @RonPaul account read, "Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."
Nearly immediately, his tweet was retweeted and commented on, many of which were critical of the Texas lawmaker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 28 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses 34 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans