Former Congressman Ron Paul's tweet about Chris Kyle's death makes waves on Twitter
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A tweet by former Congressman Ron Paul about the shooting death of former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and a friend is making waves on social media.
Chris Kyle and friend Chad Littlefield were fatally shot Saturday, allegedly by Iraq War veteran Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster. There were reports that Routh suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Paul's tweet from his @RonPaul account read, "Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."
Nearly immediately, his tweet was retweeted and commented on, many of which were critical of the Texas lawmaker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 42 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter