Arsonist heading to prison for 25 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who set his neighbor's home on fire twice in the same year is getting prison time after pleading guilty to the crime.
Adrian Allen "Andy" Taylor, 33, pleaded guilty on Monday to two separate counts of first degree felony arson of a habitation. Taylor was sentenced to two 25-year terms to be served concurrently in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Officials say Taylor has an extensive criminal history and will not be eligible for parole until 2026.
Taylor was charged with setting two fires in a home located on Seale Road off of Keenan Cut Off Road. One fire occurred in January 2012 and resulted in moderate fire damage to the home. In March 2012, authorities say Taylor burglarized and set the same home on fire again, resulting in the total destruction of the home.
Investigators determined Taylor started the January fire by setting the kitchen curtains on fire, and started the March fire by igniting a bed. He was arrested in June.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 16 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 5 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 14 min ago
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos