Arsonist heading to prison for 25 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who set his neighbor's home on fire twice in the same year is getting prison time after pleading guilty to the crime.
Adrian Allen "Andy" Taylor, 33, pleaded guilty on Monday to two separate counts of first degree felony arson of a habitation. Taylor was sentenced to two 25-year terms to be served concurrently in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Officials say Taylor has an extensive criminal history and will not be eligible for parole until 2026.
Taylor was charged with setting two fires in a home located on Seale Road off of Keenan Cut Off Road. One fire occurred in January 2012 and resulted in moderate fire damage to the home. In March 2012, authorities say Taylor burglarized and set the same home on fire again, resulting in the total destruction of the home.
Investigators determined Taylor started the January fire by setting the kitchen curtains on fire, and started the March fire by igniting a bed. He was arrested in June.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant