Arsonist heading to prison for 25 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who set his neighbor's home on fire twice in the same year is getting prison time after pleading guilty to the crime.
Adrian Allen "Andy" Taylor, 33, pleaded guilty on Monday to two separate counts of first degree felony arson of a habitation. Taylor was sentenced to two 25-year terms to be served concurrently in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Officials say Taylor has an extensive criminal history and will not be eligible for parole until 2026.
Taylor was charged with setting two fires in a home located on Seale Road off of Keenan Cut Off Road. One fire occurred in January 2012 and resulted in moderate fire damage to the home. In March 2012, authorities say Taylor burglarized and set the same home on fire again, resulting in the total destruction of the home.
Investigators determined Taylor started the January fire by setting the kitchen curtains on fire, and started the March fire by igniting a bed. He was arrested in June.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 18 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 44 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 12 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 9 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 1 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
40 min ago