Houston police: Man admits to strangling woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have charged man accused of strangling a woman over the weekend.
The body of 53-year-old Linda Spells was discovered Saturday around noon in the backyard of a residence connected to a church next door in the 2400 block of Francis Street near Live Oak. Spells was partially clothed and had no ID on her.
Further investigation revealed Harvey L. Davis as being with Spells just prior to her death. Police say Davis admitted to his role in the death of Spells, although a motive was not released.
Davis, 53, is charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No more ice, but cold weather continues 56 min ago
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns