Houston police: Man admits to strangling woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have charged man accused of strangling a woman over the weekend.
The body of 53-year-old Linda Spells was discovered Saturday around noon in the backyard of a residence connected to a church next door in the 2400 block of Francis Street near Live Oak. Spells was partially clothed and had no ID on her.
Further investigation revealed Harvey L. Davis as being with Spells just prior to her death. Police say Davis admitted to his role in the death of Spells, although a motive was not released.
Davis, 53, is charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 22 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston 10 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 46 min ago
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products