Stepdad charged in stabbing attack that left wife dead, stepson critically injured
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Charges have been filed against a man accused in an attack that left his wife dead and stepson critically injured at home in south Houston Sunday night.
Lawrence Clinton Chambers, 40, was arrested Monday and charged with murder and injury to a child. He is accused of fatally stabbing Jemal Lockridge Chambers, 43, and critically injuring her 13-year-old son when he tried to come to his mother's rescue.
Detectives say Jemal Chambers' 14-year-old daughter made the gruesome discovery when she returned home around 11:30pm Sunday and walked into her mother's bedroom at their home in the 2800 block of Tidewater.
Jemal Chambers was pronounced dead at the scene, while her son was Texas Children's Hospital in serious condition.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 58 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 22 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 19 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student