Deputies: Girl beaten, raped near movie theater in Cypress
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 16-year-old girl was found naked and bleeding in a movie theater parking lot last night. The victim told investigators she'd been sexually assaulted and beaten.
The girl told police she was walking along the road in front of her high school in the 16600 block of Spring Cypress Road at around 11pm last night when someone grabbed her from behind.
Sheriff's deputies say people walking out of the Cinemark Cypress movie theater saw the girl walking around naked in the parking lot, a little before midnight. They told officers she had a head wound and was bleeding badly.
The girl, who was rushed to the hospital by helicopter, told officers she was sexually assaulted in a wooded area in front of the school, then hit on the head with an a blunt object that she described as a hatchet. The victim reportedly eventually played dead in an effort to get her attacker to leave her alone.
News of the reported attack spread quickly among students at Cypress Woods High School.
"It's kind of weird, especially knowing that we have a middle school and an elementary right next to us," said John Lovelace, a senior at Cypress Woods. "I know the parents are really scared."
Cody Kettler, another senior, said, "I wouldn't expect that around here. But I guess it can happen anywhere. You can go anywhere and it could happen."
A spokesperson for Cy-Fair ISD said district police have stepped up security at both the high school and neighboring junior high school. She also confirmed the alleged victim is a student at Cypress Woods High School.
Deputies searched the wooded area with dogs, but didn't turn up any sign of a suspect. He is described as a white male, 5'7" to 5'8" with a thin muscular build. He was wearing dark colored clothing.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in this incident. If anyone observed the victim walking along Spring Cypress Road and Barker Cypress Road between the hours of 10:15 and 11:45pm last night or has any information about the suspect, they are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 11 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 5 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 31 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal