Ft. Bend Co. man facing child pornography charges
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A Fort Bend County man is facing child pornography charges after turning himself in earlier this week.
Michael Darby, 27, is charged with possession of child pornography. The charges stem from an investigation that began in May of last year.
Investigators with the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office say that's when they first discovered child pornography hits coming from a computer address in the Richmond area. An investigation led them to Darby's Pecan Grove home.
They say Darby's computer showed he had downloaded nearly 200 images and two videos showing child pornography.
Darby turned himself in on Wednesday. He's now in the Fort Bend County Jail under a $40,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house 44 min ago
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: 'Captain American' car stolen from movie set