Search for rapist who beat grandmother in her home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman in northwest Houston was attacked, robbed and sexually assaulted, and the effort to get her attacker off the street has taken another step.
On Friday, February 1, a 62-year-old woman was leaving her home on the 1500 block of De Walt on her way to work. At approximately 7:45am, the victim opened her front door, only to be confronted by the unidentified assailant. The suspect struck the victim several times, forcing her back into her house.
There, the suspect continued to assault the victim, and produced a small caliber automatic weapon ordering the victim into the bedroom, according to officials, where he then sexually assaulted her. During the course of the assault the victim was struck in the head with a vase, strangled with an extension cord and repeatedly beaten by the suspect. Finally, the suspect grabbed a kitchen knife, and forced the victim into a closet.
The unidentified male fled the scene, taking the victim's jewelry with him.
The suspect is described as a black male, between 35 and 45 years of age, standing 6' to 6'2" and weighing between 230 and 250 pounds. He is described as heavy set, with a dark complexion, short black hair and clean shaven. At the time of the offense we wore a black cotton jacket, black jean shorts and black or red converse shoes.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 13 min ago
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression 12 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 50 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty