Mom, son among 5 charged in sex assault of girl
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother and her teenage son are among those charged in an unsual sexual assault case in both Chambers and Harris counties.
According to Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne, on December 19, 2012, the sheriff's office received information about an alleged sex assault of a juvenile involving multiple suspects. The investigation determined the girl was assaulted on at least two occasions, involving different locations and suspects.
Two adults have been charged in the case. Carla Immel Mahar, 44, has been charged with abandon/endangering a child, and her son Kendall Warren Mahar, 17, has been charged with aggravated sexual assault on a juvenile. Bond has been set at $10,000 each. They both surrendered to authorities on Wednesday and as of Friday afternoon, they remained in jail.
In addition, authorities say three juvenile suspects have been charged with aggravated sexual assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 53 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 3 min ago
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home