Cafe owner killed in shootout with two men
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person has been killed in a shooting at a strip mall in northwest Harris County this afternoon.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that two men are on the run, accused of shooting and killing the owner of Café Chieu Tim.
According to the sheriff's office, two men walked into the cafe in the 8200 block of Antoine Drive at around 3pm Friday and started making threats and demands. That's when the owner took out his weapon and a shootout occurred.
Authorities wouldn't confirm how many shots were fired or who shot first, but multiple shots were fired and the owner was killed.
The two men got away on foot and detectives are searching for them. Witnesses are being questioned as well.
The owner has been identified as Tuan Tu, 48. He has two stepchildren, ages 13 and 15, and he has been married to his wife for 16 years.
Tu's wife Van Nguyen says she doesn't know why anybody would shoot and kill her husband.
"I don't know. I don't know," she said. "I don't want to do anything right now."
Nguyen describes the cafe as a place to drink coffee and play pool. The sheriff's office says it can't confirm whether there was any illegal activity happening there. They say they're working to find the two suspects. No description has been given at this time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Parts of Astrodome demolished 42 min ago
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 39 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 57 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule 56 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 31 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues