Gas station robber hoping to score cash gets only cigarettes
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for an armed man who tried robbing a Katy-area gas station of money but ended up getting away with only a couple packs of cigarettes.
The robbery happened around 11pm on January 26 at a gas station in the 1800 block of Fry Road.
Detectives say a man entered the store, wandered the isles and when he approached the cash register, he drew a handgun. But before he could make his demands, the teller behind the counter ran to the back of the store and locked the door.
The suspect got away with only two packs of cigarettes.
The suspect is described as a white male, between 25-35 years of age, standing between 6'0"-6'3" and weighing approximately 180-200 lbs. He has brown hair and brown eyes. At the time of the offense, he wore a dark blue hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 26 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- First the wind, then the cold