'Bunny' the rabbit is lucky to be alive!
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A miniature rabbit named "Bunny" is lucky to be alive.
Not only did his owner rescue him from drowning in a swimming pool, she is also a nurse who was able to successfully perform CPR on his tiny, two-pound body.
Bunny was recently adopted by Sonya Arndt. She was off Tuesday when she said Bunny fell into her swimming pool.
Arndt jumped into the pool fully clothed, grabbing Bunny and pulling him out.
She immediately started CPR, and it worked.
"It just seemed like the right thing to do I guess," she told us. "I blew into his mouth and nose twice, and began to compress and rub on his sternal area briskly, and he responded."
Arndt took the newly revived Bunny and wrapped him in a warm blanket, holding him for about an hour while she used a blow dryer on a low setting to dry him off and warm him up.
Now, Bunny is happy and healthy -- and alive, thanks to his quick-thinking owner.
"His adoptive name was 'Peter' but in the spirit of a new start, he just goes by 'Bunny' and is doing so well," Arndt said. "He was special when I adopted him, now we're a little bit more bonded."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Parts of Astrodome demolished 26 min ago
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 23 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 41 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule 40 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 15 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues