'Bunny' the rabbit is lucky to be alive!
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A miniature rabbit named "Bunny" is lucky to be alive.
Not only did his owner rescue him from drowning in a swimming pool, she is also a nurse who was able to successfully perform CPR on his tiny, two-pound body.
Bunny was recently adopted by Sonya Arndt. She was off Tuesday when she said Bunny fell into her swimming pool.
Arndt jumped into the pool fully clothed, grabbing Bunny and pulling him out.
She immediately started CPR, and it worked.
"It just seemed like the right thing to do I guess," she told us. "I blew into his mouth and nose twice, and began to compress and rub on his sternal area briskly, and he responded."
Arndt took the newly revived Bunny and wrapped him in a warm blanket, holding him for about an hour while she used a blow dryer on a low setting to dry him off and warm him up.
Now, Bunny is happy and healthy -- and alive, thanks to his quick-thinking owner.
"His adoptive name was 'Peter' but in the spirit of a new start, he just goes by 'Bunny' and is doing so well," Arndt said. "He was special when I adopted him, now we're a little bit more bonded."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 26 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston 55 min ago
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 23 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded