Family, friends to gather to remember mother run over and killed by boyfriend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Funeral services begin today for a mother who was brutally murdered at a northwest Houston park last week.
Police say last Monday Melissa Chavez was ran over as many as 15 times by her boyfriend Jessie Blanco at T.C. Jester Park. Blanco, 29, was arrested Tuesday and has been charged with her murder.
Chavez, 28, leaves behind four children, the youngest only two months old.
A viewing for Chavez will be held at Guardian Angel Funeral Home from 1pm to 8pm today. Her funeral is set for 11am tomorrow at the same funeral home.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Jaguars 24, Texans 17 (4) 9 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 29 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 9 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere