Storms bring rain, hail to Houston area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's a wet start to the week, so keep the umbrella handy today and tomorrow.
We'll see periods of rain and isolated storms through Tuesday. The strongest storms will bring brief heavy rain, dangerous lightning and even more small hail. In fact, this morning, a brief hailstorm fell across parts of southwest Houston.
We will see breaks in the rain. No widespread flooding problems are expected
A couple of systems combine to keep us unsettled for the next couple of days. We have a nearly stationary front right off the coast that is lifting north and spreading a few showers northward.
Upper level flow streaming in from the Pacific Ocean is also transporting moisture and disturbances across the area. This is helping to generate more rain. We dry out Wednesday morning as colder air dives south.
Take ABC13 weather and radar with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 35 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast 22 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids 28 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves