Robbery at smoke shop prompts SWAT scene in NE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police were called to a shop in northeast Houston, where they believed a robbery suspect had barricaded himself inside a shop.
SWAT teams were called to a business in the area of Normandy and I-10. According to police, the manager of a smoke shop saw three people trying to rob his store. That's when he reportedly got his own weapon out to try to fend off the would-be burglars.
Police say that manager says he saw two suspects get away, but he fired at a third person who they believed was barricaded inside the smoke shop. But after a couple of hours, they entered the business and discovered it empty.
The suspects who ran from the scene remain at large.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 3 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 6 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 16 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips 22 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake