Robbery at smoke shop prompts SWAT scene in NE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police were called to a shop in northeast Houston, where they believed a robbery suspect had barricaded himself inside a shop.
SWAT teams were called to a business in the area of Normandy and I-10. According to police, the manager of a smoke shop saw three people trying to rob his store. That's when he reportedly got his own weapon out to try to fend off the would-be burglars.
Police say that manager says he saw two suspects get away, but he fired at a third person who they believed was barricaded inside the smoke shop. But after a couple of hours, they entered the business and discovered it empty.
The suspects who ran from the scene remain at large.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer