Robbery at smoke shop prompts SWAT scene in NE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police were called to a shop in northeast Houston, where they believed a robbery suspect had barricaded himself inside a shop.
SWAT teams were called to a business in the area of Normandy and I-10. According to police, the manager of a smoke shop saw three people trying to rob his store. That's when he reportedly got his own weapon out to try to fend off the would-be burglars.
Police say that manager says he saw two suspects get away, but he fired at a third person who they believed was barricaded inside the smoke shop. But after a couple of hours, they entered the business and discovered it empty.
The suspects who ran from the scene remain at large.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 39 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested 56 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 6 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 52 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church