Rodeo Parade route changed due to issue with METRORail
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you plan on attending this year's Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Parade, you'll want to plan ahead.
The Rodeo had to change the route this year because of an issue with METRORail. Instead of starting in front of the Alley Theater on Texas Avenue, this year the parade will start on Walker near City Hall.
In fact the parade won't travel down Texas Avenue at all this year, as it has in years past. Here's a map of the new route.
There will also be several street closures for the parade. Check those out here.
ABC13 will broadcast the parade live on the morning of Saturday, February 23. We'll also be streaming it live online. And if you're there, make sure to take lots of photos and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 46 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 48 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 37 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 8 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal