Houston City Council approves Southwest Airlines expansion at Hobby Airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- International flights are officially coming to Hobby Airport.
Houston City Council on Tuesday approved Southwest Airlines expansion at the airport. The two-story expansion is scheduled to be completed in September 2015.
Southwest will begin flights to cities in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America by 2016.
United Airlines has spent the last few months trying to block the expansion and claims it will cost jobs at Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
hobby airport, southwest airlines, local
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 19 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 31 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 14 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 21 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 19 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?
- There's pee in the water -- again!