League City passes resolution to ban federal gun control laws in city
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- League City passed a resolution Wednesday night to try and prevent any potential gun control legislation from being enforced in the city.
In a 7-1 vote, City Council decided any law that infringes upon the Second Amendment "shall be considered null and void and of no effect in League City."
The vote is purely symbolic, though, since federal law trumps state and local laws.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
league city, local
- Frustration mounts for church members 15 min ago
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co. 5 min ago
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- Lady Gaga addresses difficulties in SXSW keynote 6 min ago
- Rare early map of Texas offered at auction 14 min ago
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 27 min ago
- San Diego Zoo performs rare C-section on gorilla 36 min ago