Police find man dead in middle of street near downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police don't know if a man found dead near downtown Houston was killed from a beating with a baseball bat or if he was fatally struck by a car.
Authorities say the victim was beaten with a weapon, possibly a baseball bat last night, and then left in the middle of Elysian near Harrington.
Witnesses say the attacker left the scene with a bat. The victim was then hit by a car and died. The driver stopped and will not face charges.
An autopsy will be performed to determine what killed the victim. Police are looking for the attacker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos