Police find man dead in middle of street near downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police don't know if a man found dead near downtown Houston was killed from a beating with a baseball bat or if he was fatally struck by a car.
Authorities say the victim was beaten with a weapon, possibly a baseball bat last night, and then left in the middle of Elysian near Harrington.
Witnesses say the attacker left the scene with a bat. The victim was then hit by a car and died. The driver stopped and will not face charges.
An autopsy will be performed to determine what killed the victim. Police are looking for the attacker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 5 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 38 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers