Deputy fatally shoots suspect at gas station
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been fatally shot by a Precinct 3 deputy constable in east Harris County following a high-speed chase and search.
At about 5am, deputies reportedly tried to pull over a driver for speeding on the Beltway, but that driver fled the scene. He later crashed his vehicle and ran off on foot.
Deputies later found a gun holster in that vehicle. They started a door to door search at area businesses, trying to find the suspect.
A sergeant then found the man at Sunrise Super Shop gas station on Sheldon at Market Street.
"He asked him, have you seen anybody matching this description? The security guard said, yeah, I believe he's inside. They walked inside, asked the clerk. The clerk says, yeah, he's in the back. He said he was cold so I let him go lay down in the back," explained Captain John Moore with the Harris County Precinct 3 Constable's Office.
According to officials at the scene, the sergeant then approached the suspect, who reportedly lunged at him in an aggressive manner, and the sergeant shot the man once in the chest, killing him.
Neither man has been identified. We are told the sergeant has been on the force for at least 10 years. The sergeant was not injured.
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 1 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 37 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack 53 min ago
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 49 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 47 min ago
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos