HCSO: Man shot in the face in office building
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a dispute between two men ended in a shooting. Deputies were called to a home off Hufsmith Kuykendahl Road in northwest Harris County. They say two men got into an argument that quickly escalated.
Harris County Sheriff's deputies say there has been an ongoing dispute between the shooter and the victim, and on Thursday morning the victim was shot in the face.
One employee says he was inside what Harris County Sheriff's deputies identified as a company office building in the 8900 block of Hufsmith Kuykendahl Road when the 61-year-old suspect walked and went back to an office where a 54-year-old worker was inside alone.
"He didn't have any communications with anybody else," said Sgt. Doug Thomas with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "He walked in and after he was here for a short while, the disturbance occurred."
Deputies say minutes later the suspect pulled out a gun.
Sgt. Thomas said, "The disturbance escalated and one shot the other in the face one time."
Authorities say the suspect then took off. Deputies will not confirm the relation between the victim and the shooter, but say the suspect has something to do with the property. But Harris County Sheriff's deputies tells Eyewitness News the two are currently involved in a civil lawsuit.
Employees continue working as they wait for answers. Those at businesses nearby are hoping the suspect is caught soon.
The suspect described as a white male, 61 years of age, wearing a white cowboy hat, light colored western shirt and blue jeans. The suspect fled in a dark red, or possibly maroon, over white pickup truck with dual real tires. Deputies are looking for him.
The victim, whose identity has not been released, is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 34 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 36 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 39 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies 57 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
11 min ago