HCSO: Man shot in the face in office building
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a dispute between two men ended in a shooting. Deputies were called to a home off Hufsmith Kuykendahl Road in northwest Harris County. They say two men got into an argument that quickly escalated.
Harris County Sheriff's deputies say there has been an ongoing dispute between the shooter and the victim, and on Thursday morning the victim was shot in the face.
One employee says he was inside what Harris County Sheriff's deputies identified as a company office building in the 8900 block of Hufsmith Kuykendahl Road when the 61-year-old suspect walked and went back to an office where a 54-year-old worker was inside alone.
"He didn't have any communications with anybody else," said Sgt. Doug Thomas with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "He walked in and after he was here for a short while, the disturbance occurred."
Deputies say minutes later the suspect pulled out a gun.
Sgt. Thomas said, "The disturbance escalated and one shot the other in the face one time."
Authorities say the suspect then took off. Deputies will not confirm the relation between the victim and the shooter, but say the suspect has something to do with the property. But Harris County Sheriff's deputies tells Eyewitness News the two are currently involved in a civil lawsuit.
Employees continue working as they wait for answers. Those at businesses nearby are hoping the suspect is caught soon.
The suspect described as a white male, 61 years of age, wearing a white cowboy hat, light colored western shirt and blue jeans. The suspect fled in a dark red, or possibly maroon, over white pickup truck with dual real tires. Deputies are looking for him.
The victim, whose identity has not been released, is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- New details in case of women found dead by dumpster 3 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 41 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 18 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 25 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 34 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store