DA investigator probe may compromise other cases
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some 125 criminal cases could be in jeopardy due to the arrest of a former investigator with the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
Lonnie Blevins was arrested last week for allegedly stealing valuable comic books from an evidence storage unit, then selling them for profit.
Now, all cases Blevins worked on while an investigator with the DA's office are under scrutiny. Among those is the $9 million embezzlement case, in which those valuable comics were originally confiscated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course