Great Texas Warrant Roundup begins March 2
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Sugar Land will join law enforcement agencies and courts from more than 313 jurisdictions across Texas in the annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup beginning March 2.
The roundup targets thousands of defendants with outstanding warrants for traffic, parking, city ordinance, penal code violations and higher charges from participating jurisdictions. It is believed to be the largest joint operation of its kind with arrests expected to continue for several days.
Hundreds of thousands of notices were recently mailed statewide by participating entities, including Sugar Land.
Numerous counties, justices of the peace, constables and municipalities of all sizes will participate in the roundup.
People with outstanding warrants from Sugar Land are urged to contact Sugar Land Municipal Court at 281-275-2390 during the next two weeks to avoid the inconvenience and embarrassment of arrests at home or work in front of family, friends or coworkers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 12 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 7 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'