Great Texas Warrant Roundup begins March 2
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Sugar Land will join law enforcement agencies and courts from more than 313 jurisdictions across Texas in the annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup beginning March 2.
The roundup targets thousands of defendants with outstanding warrants for traffic, parking, city ordinance, penal code violations and higher charges from participating jurisdictions. It is believed to be the largest joint operation of its kind with arrests expected to continue for several days.
Hundreds of thousands of notices were recently mailed statewide by participating entities, including Sugar Land.
Numerous counties, justices of the peace, constables and municipalities of all sizes will participate in the roundup.
People with outstanding warrants from Sugar Land are urged to contact Sugar Land Municipal Court at 281-275-2390 during the next two weeks to avoid the inconvenience and embarrassment of arrests at home or work in front of family, friends or coworkers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 3 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 39 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 15 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians