Great Texas Warrant Roundup begins March 2
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Sugar Land will join law enforcement agencies and courts from more than 313 jurisdictions across Texas in the annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup beginning March 2.
The roundup targets thousands of defendants with outstanding warrants for traffic, parking, city ordinance, penal code violations and higher charges from participating jurisdictions. It is believed to be the largest joint operation of its kind with arrests expected to continue for several days.
Hundreds of thousands of notices were recently mailed statewide by participating entities, including Sugar Land.
Numerous counties, justices of the peace, constables and municipalities of all sizes will participate in the roundup.
People with outstanding warrants from Sugar Land are urged to contact Sugar Land Municipal Court at 281-275-2390 during the next two weeks to avoid the inconvenience and embarrassment of arrests at home or work in front of family, friends or coworkers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 23 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 29 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year' 54 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 45 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony 42 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 23 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 47 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 1 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Boy in need embraces spirit of holiday giving
19 min ago