Great Texas Warrant Roundup begins March 2
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Sugar Land will join law enforcement agencies and courts from more than 313 jurisdictions across Texas in the annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup beginning March 2.
The roundup targets thousands of defendants with outstanding warrants for traffic, parking, city ordinance, penal code violations and higher charges from participating jurisdictions. It is believed to be the largest joint operation of its kind with arrests expected to continue for several days.
Hundreds of thousands of notices were recently mailed statewide by participating entities, including Sugar Land.
Numerous counties, justices of the peace, constables and municipalities of all sizes will participate in the roundup.
People with outstanding warrants from Sugar Land are urged to contact Sugar Land Municipal Court at 281-275-2390 during the next two weeks to avoid the inconvenience and embarrassment of arrests at home or work in front of family, friends or coworkers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- David Tillman's weather forecast
53 min ago