Great Texas Warrant Roundup begins March 2
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Sugar Land will join law enforcement agencies and courts from more than 313 jurisdictions across Texas in the annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup beginning March 2.
The roundup targets thousands of defendants with outstanding warrants for traffic, parking, city ordinance, penal code violations and higher charges from participating jurisdictions. It is believed to be the largest joint operation of its kind with arrests expected to continue for several days.
Hundreds of thousands of notices were recently mailed statewide by participating entities, including Sugar Land.
Numerous counties, justices of the peace, constables and municipalities of all sizes will participate in the roundup.
People with outstanding warrants from Sugar Land are urged to contact Sugar Land Municipal Court at 281-275-2390 during the next two weeks to avoid the inconvenience and embarrassment of arrests at home or work in front of family, friends or coworkers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- La Marque student found with loaded weapon on campus 30 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Suspects jump out window in escape attempt 51 min ago
- Tracy McGrady will be on Skeeters' opening day roster 1 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date