Suspect, 61, on the run after shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been charged after he allegedly shot a man in the face at a place of business on Thursday.
Harris County Sheriff's deputies say there has been an ongoing dispute between the shooter and the victim, and on Thursday morning the victim was shot in the face.
One employee says he was inside what Harris County Sheriff's deputies identified as a company office building in the 8900 block of Hufsmith Kuykendahl Road when the 61-year-old suspect walked and went back to an office where a 54-year-old worker was inside alone.
"He didn't have any communications with anybody else," said Sgt. Doug Thomas with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "He walked in and after he was here for a short while, the disturbance occurred."
Deputies say minutes later the suspect pulled out a gun.
Sgt. Thomas said, "The disturbance escalated and one shot the other in the face one time."
The victim, whose identity has not been released, is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
Gary Ishmael Bolin, 61, has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with serious bodily injury. Bolin is not currently in custody, and anyone with information of his whereabouts has been asked to contact Crime Stoppers or the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide unit at 713-967-5810.
The bonds on both charges total $60,000
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 57 min ago
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind 2 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 21 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 41 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 50 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 19 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?