Suspect, 61, on the run after shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been charged after he allegedly shot a man in the face at a place of business on Thursday.
Harris County Sheriff's deputies say there has been an ongoing dispute between the shooter and the victim, and on Thursday morning the victim was shot in the face.
One employee says he was inside what Harris County Sheriff's deputies identified as a company office building in the 8900 block of Hufsmith Kuykendahl Road when the 61-year-old suspect walked and went back to an office where a 54-year-old worker was inside alone.
"He didn't have any communications with anybody else," said Sgt. Doug Thomas with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "He walked in and after he was here for a short while, the disturbance occurred."
Deputies say minutes later the suspect pulled out a gun.
Sgt. Thomas said, "The disturbance escalated and one shot the other in the face one time."
The victim, whose identity has not been released, is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
Gary Ishmael Bolin, 61, has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with serious bodily injury. Bolin is not currently in custody, and anyone with information of his whereabouts has been asked to contact Crime Stoppers or the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide unit at 713-967-5810.
The bonds on both charges total $60,000
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout 18 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- 300-pound man dies after cops use stun gun
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos