All-Star Jam Session filled with fun for basketball fans of all ages
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Those of us who aren't All-Stars at least can pretend to be one during the NBA All-Star Jam Session at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
It's a sports fan's dream come true.
"It's amazing, it's an awesome experience for the kids, and I'm glad I brought them today," NBA fan Roderick Hamilton said.
Hamilton brought his family to the All-Star Jam Session. It's a 500,000-square foot transformation of the GRB paying homage to the game of basketball as the Bayou City hosts the NBA All-Star game this weekend.
"There's a lot of history. I've seen a lot of old uniforms. I'm a big fan of Boston Celtics fan and I saw the little Hall of the Fame set up and I thought that was really neat," Hamilton said. "It's really interactive, which I like for the kids, and then a little for the adults so daddy may get out there and shoot a couple of hoops."
His son, Daylan Hamilton, is also keeping his eye out for his favorite players.
"Getting autographs," Daylan said.
The young and the young-at-heart were hooping it up on the kids court at the basketball skills challenge, and some were just watching.
One out-of towner says it was worth the drive.
"I do like seeing the players. I think it's nice to get out and interact with people," Oklahoma resident Misty Butcher said. "My son's here and he's 10 and so he's into this. He loves basketball."
And there's no better place for basketball this weekend.
Sunday is the final day of the All-Star Jam Session. Doors are open from 9am-5pm. Tickets cost $30 for adults and $20 for seniors or kids ages three to 12. Kids under three are free.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
nba, local, elissa rivas
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 14 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in 51 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 40 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela 16 min ago
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela 46 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents 25 min ago
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere 19 min ago
- Woman unknowingly tweeted about death of husband 23 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Dead baby's mother testifies in murder trial 34 min ago