Two seriously injured in head-on accident in North Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people are in the hospital after a head-on collision in north Harris County last night. Deputies say both drivers may have been drunk.
The accident happened on Lauder Road near Long Oaks just before 10pm.
Deputies say the driver of a Ford F-250 lost control of the vehicle, veered into oncoming traffic and hit a Ford Ranger head-on. The driver of the Ranger was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities say he faces a DWI charge if he recovers.
"The driver of the Ford Ranger pickup was transported by ground," said Sgt. S. Wolverton with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "At this time, we don't know if he is going to survive his injuries."
The driver of the F-250 is also in the hospital but is expected to survive. He is facing intoxication assault charges. Deputies say there was evidence of alcohol on board both vehicles.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 31 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 33 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 24 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive