Woman injured while cooking at assisted living center
ANGLETON, TX (KTRK) -- A 60-year-old woman is in the hospital after a fire broke out while she was cooking.
It happened around 11pm at the Johnson Enterprises Assisted Living Center on East Henderson near Highway 35 in Angleton.
Everyone but the woman had made it out safely when firefighters arrived. Crews found her unconscious inside her unit and rushed her to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Fire crews are still investigating what started the fire but all signs are pointing to the stove right now. No one else got hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks 55 min ago
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 16 min ago
- Graco could recall more child car seats 9 min ago
- Cookie milk shots to debut at SXSW 50 min ago
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
51 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos