Woman injured while cooking at assisted living center
ANGLETON, TX (KTRK) -- A 60-year-old woman is in the hospital after a fire broke out while she was cooking.
It happened around 11pm at the Johnson Enterprises Assisted Living Center on East Henderson near Highway 35 in Angleton.
Everyone but the woman had made it out safely when firefighters arrived. Crews found her unconscious inside her unit and rushed her to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Fire crews are still investigating what started the fire but all signs are pointing to the stove right now. No one else got hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 22 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck 32 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290