Officials: 2 children shocked, severely burned by live wire in northwest Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two children were in the hospital Sunday, fighting for their lives after neighbors say they came into contact with a live wire.
Authorities aren't saying much, but CenterPoint Energy officials confirm they were called to an electrical contact incident in the 3600 block of Nutwood Lane at Roseville in northwest Harris County on Sunday afternoon.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies tell us the victims are a three-year-old boy and a five-year-old girl.
Neighbor Laurie McNeill says she heard a loud boom.
"There was a big bang and our electricity went off for a second, and me and my husband both ran outside because our grandson was playing," she said.
Once outside, McNeill found her grandson OK, but she says the two children next door were not.
"We looked across the fence and we noticed that two little kids were down, so my husband jumped the fence to help," McNeill said. "The little girl wasn't breathing at first, but then they gave her CPR -- her dad did -- and got her to breathing again."
The neighbor says she watched in horror as the children's parents rushed to get help.
"The little girl was burned on most of her upper body and the little boy was burned on his side and hand," McNeill said. ""They brought them out front to wait for the ambulance. I was on the phone with 911."
Both victims were flown to Shriners Burns Hospital in Galveston in critical condition.
CenterPoint is investigating this incident, working to determine what happened and how.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 50 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Shooting reported at Colorado high school 1 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport 14 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos