Man with alleged link to murder of Galveston baker Juan Navarro arrested in Houston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A man identified as a person of interest in a murder case out of Galveston was arrested in Houston this weekend.
Galveston Police Department officials said they learned of Harold Norwood's arrest Sunday.
Norwood was wanted for questioning in connection with the January death of Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Bakery.
Navarro was assaulted and his vehicle was stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. He was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
Navarro's vehicle was located near the intersection of 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Detectives will be conducting follow-up interviews, officials said.
Details of Norwood's arrest in Houston were unclear.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates as we continue following this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 38 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 46 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
22 min ago