Man with alleged link to murder of Galveston baker Juan Navarro arrested in Houston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A man identified as a person of interest in a murder case out of Galveston was arrested in Houston this weekend.
Galveston Police Department officials said they learned of Harold Norwood's arrest Sunday.
Norwood was wanted for questioning in connection with the January death of Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Bakery.
Navarro was assaulted and his vehicle was stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. He was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
Navarro's vehicle was located near the intersection of 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Detectives will be conducting follow-up interviews, officials said.
Details of Norwood's arrest in Houston were unclear.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates as we continue following this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 48 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 12 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 59 min ago
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 9 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student