Houston hospital to deliver first C-section baby live on Twitter
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Twitter first is happening this Wednesday at Women's Memorial Hermann Hospital at Memorial City Medical Center.
A local couple will "deliver" Twitter's first Cesarean section baby and it will be live. The hospital says it's all about educating the public about what happens during a C-section.
You can catch the action this Wednesday starting at 7:30am by following hashtag #MHBaby. They will use live, up-close video, still photography and play-by-play tweets.
The patient has given consent to the Twitter broadcast of her surgery, but for her privacy the hospital says it will not disclose her identity.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex 49 min ago
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old 9 min ago
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- Last words from missing jet came after systems shutdown 4 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover