Man, 80, pinned by log in industrial accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An 80-year-old man is recovering after an accident involving a load of logs and a tractor this morning.
The accident happened shortly before 9am on Riley at Almeda on Houston's south side. The victim's son tells Eyewitness News that his father was working on a tractor, off-loading a log from a trailer when the log rolled back onto the tractor, pinning the man's leg against the steering wheel.
Rescue crews pulled the man out. He was conscious and alert when he was taken to a hospital.
The victim's son says muddy conditions played a role in the accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 55 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 44 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 43 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today