Man, 80, pinned by log in industrial accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An 80-year-old man is recovering after an accident involving a load of logs and a tractor this morning.
The accident happened shortly before 9am on Riley at Almeda on Houston's south side. The victim's son tells Eyewitness News that his father was working on a tractor, off-loading a log from a trailer when the log rolled back onto the tractor, pinning the man's leg against the steering wheel.
Rescue crews pulled the man out. He was conscious and alert when he was taken to a hospital.
The victim's son says muddy conditions played a role in the accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co. 32 min ago
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings 34 min ago
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos