Police: Drunk teens accused in burglary spree
LA PORTE, Tx (KTRK) -- Police in La Porte say a night of drinking for two teenage friends led to a string of crimes, and now, felony charges.
On February 5, a string of burglaries were committed in La Porte's Pecan Crossing subdivision. Police say at one point, the two suspects were caught in the act by area residents, and a fist fight broke out, but the pair of burglars managed to escape.
A few hours later, police arrested two teens for public intoxication while they were strolling in the same neighborhood. After multiple burglary reports were made to police, felony charges were filed against Gabino Hidalgo, Jr., 19, of La Porte and James Shine, 18, of Pasadena. Due to the combination of offenses, the charges carry a penalty of up to two years in jail and possible fines up to $10,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
la porte, local
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 42 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
22 min ago