Police: Drunk teens accused in burglary spree
LA PORTE, Tx (KTRK) -- Police in La Porte say a night of drinking for two teenage friends led to a string of crimes, and now, felony charges.
On February 5, a string of burglaries were committed in La Porte's Pecan Crossing subdivision. Police say at one point, the two suspects were caught in the act by area residents, and a fist fight broke out, but the pair of burglars managed to escape.
A few hours later, police arrested two teens for public intoxication while they were strolling in the same neighborhood. After multiple burglary reports were made to police, felony charges were filed against Gabino Hidalgo, Jr., 19, of La Porte and James Shine, 18, of Pasadena. Due to the combination of offenses, the charges carry a penalty of up to two years in jail and possible fines up to $10,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
la porte, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale