Authorities investigate child death involving day care center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A little girl's death this afternoon is under investigation and the focus is on her day care in southwest Houston.
Authorities were called to the scene of the KidIZone day care center in the 3600 block of S. Dairy Ashford at about 2pm. Police say a three-year-old girl was found to be unresponsive, and was taken to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.
A CPS spokesperson says their agency has been notified and will be investigating. They add that the girl suffered some type of medical attack, but they can't specify, due to privacy issues.
No other details are available at this time. Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 25 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 1 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 16 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course 8 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home