Authorities investigate child death involving day care center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A little girl's death this afternoon is under investigation and the focus is on her day care in southwest Houston.
Authorities were called to the scene of the KidIZone day care center in the 3600 block of S. Dairy Ashford at about 2pm. Police say a three-year-old girl was found to be unresponsive, and was taken to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.
A CPS spokesperson says their agency has been notified and will be investigating. They add that the girl suffered some type of medical attack, but they can't specify, due to privacy issues.
No other details are available at this time. Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 12 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
34 min ago