HPD officer crashes car to avoid speeding driver
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston police sergeant damaged the front end of his car trying to get out of the way of a speeding driver overnight.
The officer was on Parker near Cheeves when he says he swerved as he spotted a car speeding up behind him in his rear-view mirror.
The police cruiser left the roadway at Cheeves, ran over a mailbox and slammed into a street light. The officer was not seriously injured.
"He got a small scratch. He's fine," said Sgt. Troy Triplett with the Houston Police Department.
The driver who came up behind the patrol car never stopped. It's believed that driver was in an older model red pickup.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane 35 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV 46 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 38 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat