Father stabbed to death inside his home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a man was stabbed to death inside his southwest Harris County home last night. The victim's children were found locked outside.
It all happened on Benford near Bolling Brook.
According to detectives, three kids saw their father walk inside his home on Benford Street with three other men. The kids stayed outside to play, and when they came back to the house, found themselves locked out.
"Their mother arrived home. She couldn't get into the house. She began looking through the windows and discovered something had occurred inside the house," said Sgt. Robert Spurgeon with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
She called 911 and when sheriff's deputies arrived they found 34-year-old Carlos Martin dead inside.
"Obviously there was a struggle and there was a fight. A knife was used as a weapon. So, it was extremely violent," Sgt. Spurgeon said.
Ana Manzano, who lives across the street, says she and her husband left their house shortly before deputies arrived. When they got back, the street was full of emergency vehicles.
"You know I've been here for almost 12 years and never happened something like that," she said.
Manzano says she didn't know the victim personally, but often saw his kids playing in the yard. Her neighbor's violent death leaves her concerned about her own family.
"This, you know, is my home," she said. "I'm not leasing. I'm buying this home."
Investigators say it does appear the victim knew his attackers. Authorities are looking for three male suspects in their 20s.
Detectives are considering robbery as a possible motive, though they are not sure whether anything was missing from the house.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 43 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 26 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 52 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston